Staff« back to the list
Bijou Hunt, MA
Bijou Hunt joined Sinai Urban Health Institute (SUHI) in the fall of 2008 as the Program Evaluator for Westside Healthy Start. Between October 2010 and June 2013, Bijou served as the Evaluation Manager on the Helping Her Live: Gaining Control of Breast Cancer project. Currently, Bijou oversees SUHI's work with vital records data, which includes analyzing both birth and death files for Chicago, the US, and other large cities across the nation.
M.A., Sociology, University of Maryland, 2007
B.A., Spanish and Sociology, University of Iowa, 2003
- Hunt BR, Deot D, Whitman S. Stroke Mortality Rates Vary in Local Communities in a Metropolitan Area: Racial and Spatial Disparities and Correlates. Stroke. May 30, 2014. doi: 10.1161/STROKEAHA.114.005431
- Hunt BR, Whitman S, Hurlbert M. Increasing Black:White disparities in breast cancer mortality in the 50 largest cities in the United States. Cancer Epidemiology (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.canep.2013.09.009.
- Hunt BR, Whitman S, Henry C. Age-Adjusted Diabetes Mortality Rates Vary in Local Communities in a Metropolitan Area: Racial and Spatial Disparities and Correlates. Diabetes Care. Feb 26, 2014. doi: 10.2337/dc13-0988.
- Hunt BR, Allgood K, Sproles C, Whitman S. Metrics for the Systematic Evaluation of Community-Based Outreach Journal of Cancer Education. 2013 28(4): 633-638. DOI 1007/s13187-013-0519-4
- Hunt, BR. Whitman, S. Maternal Smoking in Chicago: A Community-Level Analysis Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. 2011 Feb; 22:194-210.